Wednesday, August 11, 2010

HABITAT SKETCHES AND IDEAS

THE YAKUSHIMA FOREST


For my creature "TWERP", I wanted it to live in a forest/jungle, and I came across this picture from the Yakushima forest.
This is the twerps perfect environment for it.
It is surrounded by tall trees, which branch out in so many angles, just right for the twerp to perch and climb on.


This my sketch of the forest.


This was a picture I had found on the internet, which looked perfect for my creature "mermaprawn." The colours of the coral is great for mermaprawn to camouflage in and hide from enemies.


This is my sketch for mermaprawns environment.
It is much more deserted, and have coral scattered around the seabed. Because it is deep on the seabed, I wanted it to be quiet but gloomy at the same time.
This gives mermaprawns the time to relax and swim around, but mermaprawns have to be very carefull and aware of lurking creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment